A NEW SUBURB IN THE MAKING
Westgate, Waitakere City
- Proposed Usage
- Development Site
- Property ID
Westgate Estate, Auckland's North West
* Capacity for up to 1,500 dwellings.
* Bordered by Fred Taylor Drive and Don Buck Road.
* 43ha of residential zoned land on 11 separate titles.
* Part of the Redhills Structure Plan rezoned under the Unitary Plan to a medium to high density mix of 'Terraced Housing and Apartment Buildings (THAB) and 'Mixed Housing Urban (MHU)
* THAB allows for 1 dwelling per 150 to 200sqm with 4 to 6 storeys permissible long Fred Taylor Drive
* MHU allows for 1 dwelling per 200 to 300sqm up to three storeys in heights
* Infrastructure approvals in place.
* Close proximity, NorthWest Shopping Centre and the 56ha Westgate Town Centre which now has over 2.7ha of retail, 115 stores and 6ha of public space including a 3500sqm public library
* The property is minutes from the North Western Motorway, just 20 minutes from Auckland's CBD and less than 10 minutes to the North Shore. Strategically positioned on Auckland Ring Route that will be linked up in 2017 with the completion of the Waterview Tunnel.
* Part of the expanding North West of Auckland which is forecast to have up 30,000 new homes - part of the 440,000 new homes required to accommodate Auckland's predicted 43% population growth by 2033
* Auckland Council estimates the first stage of the Westgate metropolitan centre will generate 20,000 new jobs. The Council is investing $300 million over the next 10 years in what is estimated to be a combined investment of $1billion.
* International Deadline Private Treaty closing 7 December 2016
Watch the Youtube video here: https://youtu.be/ofkHTliPkz8