Tourism business in Paihia with home comforts
Units at Ash Grove open on to swimming pool, barbecue or patio areas..
For many Aucklanders, even a weekend in relaxing, unhurried Paihia will seem like a full week on holiday anywhere else.
Such is the charm of this popular holiday destination in the Bay of Islands; it can relax and de-stress you without you even realising it.
With this in mind, fans of historic Paihia will be interested to hear that Ash Grove — on just over an acre of land (4767sq m) and five minutes from the Paihia Boat Ramp — is on the market as a freehold going concern.
This is one of the few accommodation properties left in the Paihia area that has ample boat parking.
The units at Ash Grove are well-maintained and generous in size, opening on to sun-drenched pool, barbecue or patio areas.
This business can easily be operated by a husband and wife team, or perhaps even one person and part time help over the busy season.
The home for the owners is appealing and of generous proportions — a kind of comfort not often found at similar hospitality business opportunities. Those who take the business on will be able to enjoy private spaces on site, well away from the business activity.
Interestingly, the current owners have around 70-80 days away each year overseas in winter so there is a big “up-side” for anyone wishing to stay open year round.
The property is perfectly positioned to take advantage of visitors when Stage 1 of the Waitangi Endowment Forest Mountain Bike Park opens soon.
Stage 1 of this will be 39km long and when all stages are complete there will be 72km in total. This is to be a fantastic land-based, all-weather, all-skill levels cycling activity, designed to appeal to all age groups. And in the United States now, there are more mountain bikers than golfers.
The operating profit for Ash Grove was about $76,000 last year.
An interior view of a dining room area within Ash Grove.
• Eight income producing units.
• Four studios, two one-bedroom and two cottages.
• A substantial two-bedroom home.
• Landscaped for privacy.
• There is a large double garage with workshop and purpose-built laundry (about 58sq m). Upstairs is an additional 32sq m, which would be ideal for another two bedrooms. Downstairs has plumbing and wiring for a bathroom but will require a resource consent to complete.
• A guest laundry and office is separate.
• The CV for land and buildings is $960,000, excluding chattels and business values.
• Address: 2 Ash Grove Circle, Bay of Islands.
The business is being marketed by Stephanie Lucas, of Countrywide Real Estate Ltd PO Box 574 Paihia. Telephone 64 9 402 6628 or 64 274 571 866.